Construction Project Manager
Type of Job
About the job
Compile and plan budgets, cost estimates, and other financial estimates
· Pre-Construction-Coordinate and attend all project job walks. Prepare preliminary estimates, quantity take offs for all trade work and preliminary construction schedules.
· Prepare Invitations to Bid Proposals.
· Review and analyze subcontractor bids and selection, review and present to Vice President.
· Negotiate cost-effective subcontracts and material purchases.
· Active participant in proposal and interview process with Clients. Coordinate, plan, and manage schedules for contractors and subcontractors.
· Order and manage materials and equipment.
· Provide internal reporting and projections for inventory.
· Ensure all legal requirements, building and safety codes, safety inspections, city guidelines, and local and state regulations are met.
· Perform the tasks of a cost estimator.
· Ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget
Bachelor’s degree in construction management, construction science, engineering, architecture, or related field from an accredited university
· Three years’ experience as a construction manager or in a similar position in construction management
· Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
· Able to manage a team of employees and multiple projects.
· Experienced at compiling and following strict budgets.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Goal-oriented and organized leadership
· Able to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
· In-depth understanding of the construction industry
· Self-motivated and self-directed
· Computer Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office; Microsoft Project and experience with Project Management software preferred
· Organized and able to create multiple timelines, budgets, and schedules
· Knowledge of local, state, and federal building code regulations
· Able to build solid relationships with team members, vendors, and customers
Daly City, CA, USA